Travel Planning Guide: When You Return
- Calculate any eligible per diem or mileage
- Convert any expenses in a foreign currency to U.S. dollars.
- Complete the Post-Trip Worksheet (or your department’s alternative)
- Submit original itemized receipts and other travel documentation for reimbursement processing
- Return any cash in excess of reimbursable expenses for cash advances
- Certify/approve any applicable reimbursement in the eTravel System.
Receipts & Reimbursements
Keep original, itemized receipts for all travel related expenses and submit all travel documentation to your department/college to justify your expenses and receive any reimbursement for out-of pocket expenses. Personal funds used to pay for travel expenses will not be reimbursed until after the trip is complete. Refer to the Travel Policy for documentation required for reimbursement.