ATTENTION: The Form 1098-T is available for eligible students online through My Buckeye Link. Not all students are eligible to receive a 1098-T per IRS guidelines. For more information, see 1098-T FAQs.
Colleges and universities are required under Internal Revenue Code Section 6050S to issue the Form 1098-T for the purpose of determining a tax payer’s eligibility for various tax credits and/or deductions.
*Please note: Ohio State reports charges not payments on the 1098-T.
Ohio State must file a Form 1098-T for each student enrolled for the given calendar year and for whom a reportable transaction is made.
However, the IRS does not require Ohio State to provide a Form 1098-T for:
- Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program
- Courses in which an E or EN grade was received
- Nonresident alien students
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships
- Students whose expenses are covered by a formal 3rd party billing arrangement
How do I get my Form1098-T?
A student who is eligible to receive a 1098-T can access it online through buckeyelink.osu.edu(link is external) as soon as it is available each year for which they are eligible. 1098-T forms are required to be available by January 31.
To see if you are eligible or to view your Form 1098-T:
1. Log in to buckeyelink.osu.edu
2. Click the Form 1098-T task in Payments and Refunds
3. Choose the correct year from the "view 1098-T" tab.