Tuition Option Payment Plan
Ohio State’s Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP) allows students and their families to divide the cost of tuition, housing, and fees into installment payments for autumn and spring semesters. To participate, students must sign up for TOPP each semester and pay a non-refundable $30 enrollment fee.
Students can enroll in TOPP through My Buckeye Link once fees are calculated for the term through the second Friday of classes.
Note: If the first TOPP installment is not paid by the TOPP due date, a $300 late fee penalty may apply. Late payments on subsequent TOPP installments may also incur a $25 late fee pentalty, each, if they are not paid by the TOPP installment due date.
How TOPP works
- Only current term charges not covered by financial aid can be included in TOPP.
- In order to be eligible for TOPP, you must have an outstanding balance after aid disburses of at least $150.
- The first TOPP installment is due on the initial payment due date, which is usually seven days prior to the first day of class. The remaining payments are due about every 30 days.
TOPP terms and conditions
Important financial responsibilities and penalties:
- All TOPP installments must be paid on or before the due date
- Failure to pay the first installment by the assigned due dates will result in late fees ($200, increasing to $300 for failure to pay by the 2nd Friday of classes).
- Students who fail to pay the first installment by the 2nd Friday of classes may be dropped from all enrollments for non-payment. Students must pay all charges to be re-enrolled.
- Failure to pay a subsequent installment by the listed due date will result in late fees and a hold, which will cause services to be withheld, including obtaining grades, registering or enrolling, receiving a transcript, or borrowing books or equipment.
Housing, meal plan, and financial aid changes posted to your account after a TOPP due date will apply evenly to any remaining future TOPP installments.
Late charges, late fees (including fees assessed on behalf of University Housing and Dining Services), BUCKID charges, John Glenn WISH housing, returned and rejected payments, and collection charges are not included in TOPP installments and are due as noted on the Statement of Account.
TOPP is optional and by joining you are authorizing any federal financial aid on your account to pay non-institutional charges you may have incurred that are TOPP eligible, i.e. Student Health Insurance fee, Orientation fee, etc.
How to enroll in TOPP
- Log into your My Buckeye Link via buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Click on the Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP) task located in Payments and Refunds
- Select the payment plan and click Next.
- Review the installment schedule and click Next.
- Agree to the terms of the payment plan and click Enroll.
- Review your confirmation page.
TOPP Late Fee Waiver
In an effort to help assist our students in managing their finances, we have established a program that allows for the removal of the $25 late fee that has been assessed when an individual falls behind on their TOPP payments. For details and requirements, please go to http://swc.osu.edu/financial-education-coaching/topp-participants
TOPP due dates for Summer 2018
|TOPP payment schedule for Summer 2018|
|1st payment due||2nd payment due||3rd payment due|
|May 2, 2018||June 2, 2018||July 2, 2018|