Tools & Resources
Training & Resource Guides
- Travel Workshop Introductory (classroom and recorded webinar) - this workshop is targeted to the new traveler, arranger or those participants interested in a refresher in the basics of traveling on behalf of Ohio State.
- Travel Workshop Advanced (classroom) - this workshop is targeted to the experienced traveler, arranger or those participants with a good understanding of Travel Policy and familiarity with the eTravel System and Concur booking tool.
- Travel Policy Training (online course) - this course is targeted to travelers and administraters responsible for processing or approving travel related expenditures.
- eTravel System Training (online courses) - these courses are critical to the proper use of the eTravel System and should be completed by anyone with a system access role.
- eTravel System - for step-by-step guides for using the eTravel System, visit ASSIST
- Concur Booking Tool
- General Travel Guides
eTravel System - Authorization & Expense
eTravel is the university’s web-based system that documents business travel authorization (including business purpose and expense estimates) and associated expense reports (e.g. reimbursements). The system was designed to accommodate all university business units (OSURF, OSUMC and UNIV).
System features include:
- Access to view one’s own travel history
- Access to administer authorization/payments on behalf of travelers
- Generate T# authorization
- Check status on reimbursement
Specific administrative access roles are determined by the college/vp area for the initiation/approval of travel requests (T#) and payments. See Training & Resource Guides for Assistance.
Business Travel Discounts
- Airfare - University business travelers can realize negotiated discounts on eligible airfare when tickets are issued directly with the university’s preferred travel agencies. Using one of the major carriers (American, Delta, Southwest or United) through the university’s preferred agency not only ensures discount on the eligible fare purchase, but as the university’s spend with these carriers increases in volume, the university can leverage more substantial discounts in the future.
- Airport Parking - visit links below for rates, reservations and periodic discounts for parking at the Port Columbus International Airport:
- National hotels may offer discounted rates for university business-related travel. See Concur Booking Tool for options.
- Local (Columbus area) hotels may offer discounted rates for university business-related travel. See Contract Book for options.
- When making reservations inquire about educational institution or government rates (if applicable to the hotel franchise). Be sure to check with the hotel before departure to ensure the OSU ID is acceptable form of government ID for check-in.
- Rental Car - Enterprise Holdings is the university’s preferred supplier for vehicle rental services (including National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car).
- Before making a reservation, review the university's business vehicle rental FAQ for more information on agreement benefits, insurance, international rentals and other general information.
- University business travelers should refer to the Travel Policy and other related policies prior to incurring vehicle rental expenses. Note: University insurance requirements noted in the Travel Policy may not be included with international rentals. Additional fees and insurance requirements may be applicable to the laws of the country/region.
- To view rates, insurance details or make a business reservation, vist Business Rental Solutions.
Personal discounts for leisure travel may be found at Ohio State Human Resources and are not monitored by the Ohio State Travel Office.
Per Diem Rates
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Foreign Currency Converter
- Foreign Languages Translation for Travelers
- State Department Passport Information
- State Department Travel Advisories
- Visa and Passport Service
- eTravel Travel Report: Travel Requests (TLV100DW) - The Travel Requests report provides information for all Travel Requests entered into eTravel. Results are returned based on trip Departure and Return dates. This report must be ran separately for each business unit (UNIV, OSUMC, OSURF).
- eTravel Travel Report: Payment Requests (TLV100DW) - The Payment Requests report provides information for all Payment Requests entered into eTravel. Results are returned based on trip Departure and Return dates. This report must be ran separately for each business unit (UNIV, OSUMC, OSURF).
- eTravel Travel Report: Exception Report (TLV100DW) - The Exception Report returns all eTravel Payment Requests that have been marked with exceptions. Results are returned based on trip Departure and Return dates. This report must be ran separately for each business unit (UNIV, OSUMC, OSURF). This report can be used to analyze trends (e.g. type of policy violations, traveler, department, etc) in policy exceptions.
- eTravel Travel Report: Ready for Reimbursement (TLV100DW) - The Ready for Reimbursement Report shows all eTravel Travel Requests whose trip return date have passed, but for which no Payment Request has yet to be entered.. This report must be ran separately for each business unit (UNIV, OSUMC, OSURF). This report can be used to identify Travel Requests that are approaching the 90 day policy limit for reimbursement as well as identifying trips that should be marked as “Closed” or “Cancelled” within eTravel.