Welcome to the Office of Enterprise Risk Management at The Ohio State University. We are a multipurpose office based on the central campus in Columbus, Ohio. We support the research and academic mission of the university and medical center by managing risk, procuring and administering insurance, enhancing organizational resilience and mitigating loss.
Our Mission Statement
It is our mission at the Office of Enterprise Risk Management to advise and be a valued partner and current resource by:
- Creating innovative risk management solutions,
- Delivering quality service and recommendations to address established and emerging risk,
- Assisting in preventing and minimizing loss,
- Administering a robust insurance portfolio,
- Enhancing organizational resilience and capabilities for resumption of operations,
- Providing proactive management and identification of risk and mitigation opportunities.
Our mission supports the well-being of students, staff, faculty and visitors by mitigating risk and preserving university assets.
Know More Risk Initiative
KNOW MORE RISK is an initiative of the University Risk Management Committee (URMC) focused on building and enhancing the risk-awareness culture at Ohio State.
At its core, its objective is to increase public awareness among our students, faculty and staff targeting:
- Promoting health, safety and wellness best practices,
- Developing a culture of risk awareness, and
- Recognizing that the management of risk (inclusive of health, wellness and safety) is essential to the successful execution of the university’s strategic initiatives.
We are here to help
Contact us or find resources, quick links and other services below.