University Mail Services is responsible for distributing intercampus mail and metering outgoing United States Postal Service mail. Incoming U.S. Mail is delivered to each address on campus by the US Postal Service.
APRIL 7, 2020 OPERATIONS UPDATE
Central Receiving and Mail Services remain open to support Main Campus. Continue to check back daily.
Central Receiving does not deliver parcels and mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS). Incoming USPS mail is delivered direct by the USPS and must be stopped or redirected by you or your department. For information on how to hold or forward your USPS mail service we recommend using the following website: https://www.usps.com/manage/
Undelivered packages will be held at Central Receiving. If the delivery contains perishable items, an email will be sent to the contact with instructions for pickup by will call.
Will call will be located at Central Receiving, 2650 Kenny Road, at the first dock door, between the hours of 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. M-F. If you want to pick up your package, please email your PO and/or Tracking Number. If you know when you are arriving, provide your pickup time and date. Please call 614-292-1191 when you arrive, and we will let you know how to retrieve your package.
Packages cannot be forwarded to your remote work address.
If your package is being delivered direct by Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc., contact your vendor for the tracking number so that you can track it. If they are re-routed to Central Receiving, they will be held for future scheduled delivery.
I want to...
UPS has provided a web portal for all OSU employees to create shipping labels. For instructions on how to receive an account for CVS, please visit Shipping ASSIST.
USPS Outgoing Mail
U.S mail is collected throughout the day by Ohio State delivery drivers in building mail rooms and University Mail Services mail boxes located throughout campus. University mail boxes are picked up twice daily, 1:30pm and 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. All mail must be in an Ohio State mail box by 4:30 to be sent same day.
- Meter Mail Request – To send an item through the United States Postal Service, select the report, Meter Mail Request and fill out all appropriate information on the form. Please print and attach the created form to the items you are sending.
- Mail Reporting Link – Customers can view mail services charges to their specific ORGs.
Service to Residence Halls
University Mail Services does NOT deliver personal shipments or mail to residence halls. These items are delivered directly by the carrier, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, etc. Please contact University Housing for questions, 614-292-9622 or email email@example.com
Inter-campus mail is collected daily by OSU delivery staff and delivered same or next business day. There are two types of inter-campus mail:
- Mail addressed to an individual: This mail should be in campus envelopes or folded to business envelope size and marked campus mail. Identify the mail with the individual’s complete campus address: name, department, building and room number.
- Mass distribution: Official announcements or notices for mail distribution to all departments, faculty, and staff. Mass distributions should be coordinated through OSU Addressing Services at Uniprint.
All inter-campus mail addressed to regional campuses is held in UMS for pick up by staff from the regional campuses.
- International/Global Shipping
- Domestic/International Freight Shipping
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.