University Mail Services is responsible for distributing intercampus mail and metering outgoing United States Postal Service mail. Incoming U.S. Mail is delivered to each address on campus by the US Postal Service.
ALERT: UPS / CVS SHIPPERS - UPGRADES TO CVS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ACTIONS AND ALL DRY ICE MUST NOW GO THROUGH FEDEX
The existing CVS system will be shut down at 8:00 pm on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. ShipExec is replacing it and requires setup but currently cannot be used to ship dry ice. Customers needing to ship dry ice will need to setup and use FedEx. View Detailed Instructions on setup
JULY 2, 2020 OPERATIONS UPDATE
DELIVERY AND PICKUP SERVICES
Central Receiving and Mail Services remain open and continue to provide full service, including expedited deliveries to buildings that are open for receiving and pickup. We will hold undelivered packages for will call pickup or delivery after campus re-opens. If a received delivery contains perishable items, an email will be sent to the contact with instructions for pickup by will call.
WILL CALL PICKUP
Will call is located at Central Receiving, 2650 Kenny Road, at the first dock door, between the hours of 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, M-F. If you want to pick up your package(s), please email your PO and/or Tracking Number, and your desired pickup time and date. Your packages will be available at the 1st dock door, ground level. In the event the door is closed (inclement weather), enter the red door and call 614-292-1191. You must wear a mask or appropriate facial covering to enter the building.
CAMPUS MAIL AND UPS DROP BOXES
In addition to providing full service to open buildings, Central Receiving is servicing the following drop boxes:
|Location||Type of Box|
|Doan Hall N129A||UPS Box|
|Biomedical Research Tower|
OSU Box, UPS Box
|McCampbell Hall||UPS Box|
|2050 Kenny Rd||UPS Box|
2650 Kenny Rd
|OSU Box, UPS Box|
|660 Ackerman Rd|
UPS Box (adjusted pick up time to 8:00am instead of 4:30pm)
Central Receiving does not deliver United States Postal Service (USPS) parcels and mail.
I want to...
UPS has provided a web portal for all OSU employees to create shipping labels. For instructions on how to receive an account for CVS, please visit Shipping ASSIST.
USPS Outgoing Mail
U.S mail is collected throughout the day by Ohio State delivery drivers in building mail rooms and University Mail Services mail boxes located throughout campus. University mail boxes are picked up twice daily, 1:30pm and 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. All mail must be in an Ohio State mail box by 4:30 to be sent same day.
- Meter Mail Request – To send an item through the United States Postal Service, select the report, Meter Mail Request and fill out all appropriate information on the form. Please print and attach the created form to the items you are sending.
- Mail Reporting Link – Customers can view mail services charges to their specific ORGs.
Service to Residence Halls
University Mail Services does NOT deliver personal shipments or mail to residence halls. These items are delivered directly by the carrier, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, etc. Please contact University Housing for questions, 614-292-9622 or email email@example.com
Inter-campus mail is collected daily by OSU delivery staff and delivered same or next business day. There are two types of inter-campus mail:
- Mail addressed to an individual: This mail should be in campus envelopes or folded to business envelope size and marked campus mail. Identify the mail with the individual’s complete campus address: name, department, building and room number.
- Mass distribution: Official announcements or notices for mail distribution to all departments, faculty, and staff. Mass distributions should be coordinated through OSU Addressing Services at Uniprint.
All inter-campus mail addressed to regional campuses is held in UMS for pick up by staff from the regional campuses.
- International/Global Shipping
- Domestic/International Freight Shipping
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.