University Mail Services is responsible for distributing intercampus mail and metering outgoing United States Postal Service mail. Incoming U.S. Mail is delivered to each address on campus by the US Postal Service.
ALERT: UPS / CVS SHIPPERS - UPGRADES TO CVS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ACTIONS
ShipExec has replaced CVS and requires setup. View Detailed Instructions on setup. ShipExec can now be used for dry ice shipments! Training materials for using ShipExec are below.
OCTOBER 29, 2020 OPERATIONS UPDATE
DELIVERY AND PICKUP SERVICES
Central Receiving and Mail Services remain open and continue to provide full service, including expedited deliveries to buildings that are open for receiving and pickup. If a received delivery contains perishable items, an email will be sent to the contact with instructions for pickup.
CAMPUS MAIL AND UPS DROP BOXES
In addition to providing full service to open buildings, Central Receiving is servicing the following drop boxes:
|Location||Type of Box|
|Doan Hall N129A||UPS Box|
|Biomedical Research Tower|
OSU Box, UPS Box
|McCampbell Hall||UPS Box|
|2050 Kenny Rd||UPS Box|
2650 Kenny Rd
|OSU Box, UPS Box|
|660 Ackerman Rd|
UPS Box (adjusted pick up time to 8:00am instead of 4:30pm)
Central Receiving does not deliver United States Postal Service (USPS) parcels and mail.
I want to...
UPS has migrated their web portal from CVS to ShipExec. For access to the new system or instruction aids, see below.
UPS ShipExec Access Instructions
Before gaining access to the ShipExec system you must:
- Review the ShipExec User Guide
Successfully complete the Purch9 Shipping quiz in BuckeyeLearn with a score of 84% or higher.
Email the form to email@example.com
- ShipExec User Guide – Contains Troubleshooting and FAQ
Guide to setup your existing CVS account in ShipExec
- UPS Transit times by ZIP Code(link is external)
- Shipping Dry Ice/Hazardous Materials(link is external) (UPS Support)
- General UPS questions/Tracking/Missing Packages/etc: 1-800-142-5211
- UPS Dry Ice and Hazardous Material Questions: 1-800-554-9964
- Order UPS Shipping Supplies
USPS Outgoing Mail
U.S mail is collected throughout the day by Ohio State delivery drivers in building mail rooms and University Mail Services mail boxes located throughout campus. University mail boxes are picked up twice daily, 1:30pm and 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. All mail must be in an Ohio State mail box by 4:30 to be sent same day.
- Meter Mail Request – To send an item through the United States Postal Service, select the report, Meter Mail Request and fill out all appropriate information on the form. Please print and attach the created form to the items you are sending.
- Mail Reporting Link – Customers can view mail services charges to their specific ORGs.
Service to Residence Halls
University Mail Services does NOT deliver personal shipments or mail to residence halls. These items are delivered directly by the carrier, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, etc. Please contact University Housing for questions, 614-292-9622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inter-campus mail is collected daily by OSU delivery staff and delivered same or next business day. There are two types of inter-campus mail:
- Mail addressed to an individual: This mail should be in campus envelopes or folded to business envelope size and marked campus mail. Identify the mail with the individual’s complete campus address: name, department, building and room number.
- Mass distribution: Official announcements or notices for mail distribution to all departments, faculty, and staff. Mass distributions should be coordinated through OSU Addressing Services at Uniprint.
All inter-campus mail addressed to regional campuses is held in UMS for pick up by staff from the regional campuses.