University Mail Services is responsible for distributing intercampus mail and metering outgoing United States Postal Service mail. Incoming U.S. Mail is delivered to each address on campus by the US Postal Service.
October 31, 2018
Notice: Delays are expected for all mail Inbound and Outbound of Canada due to Canadian Union Postal Workers strike. For information and updates, visit the Canada Post website.
I want to...
UPS has provided a web portal for all OSU employees to create shipping labels. For instructions on how to receive an account for CVS, please visit Shipping ASSIST.
USPS Outgoing Mail
U.S mail is collected throughout the day by Ohio State delivery drivers in building mail rooms and University Mail Services mail boxes located throughout campus. University mail boxes are picked up twice daily, 1:30pm and 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. All mail must be in an Ohio State mail box by 4:30 to be sent same day.
- Meter Mail Request – To send an item through the United States Postal Service, select the report, Meter Mail Request and fill out all appropriate information on the form. Please print and attach the created form to the items you are sending.
- Mail Reporting Link – Customers can view mail services charges to their specific ORGs.
Service to Residence Halls
University Mail Services does NOT deliver personal shipments or mail to residence halls. These items are delivered directly by the carrier, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, etc. Please contact University Housing for questions, 614-292-9622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inter-campus mail is collected daily by OSU delivery staff and delivered same or next business day. There are two types of inter-campus mail:
- Mail addressed to an individual: This mail should be in campus envelopes or folded to business envelope size and marked campus mail. Identify the mail with the individual’s complete campus address: name, department, building and room number.
- Mass distribution: Official announcements or notices for mail distribution to all departments, faculty, and staff. Mass distributions should be coordinated through OSU Addressing Services at Uniprint.
All inter-campus mail addressed to regional campuses is held in UMS for pick up by staff from the regional campuses.
- International/Global Shipping
- Domestic/International Freight Shipping
Please contact email@example.com with questions.