Embedded status applies to those vendor employees who routinely share an indoor environment with students, faculty or staff for three consecutive hours or more, more than once in a calendar week, or for more than six consecutive hours on any one day in a calendar week.
Employees in the vendor organization who do not meet the definition of embedded are encouraged but not required to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Typically, embedded vendors have electronic or other advanced access to our campus facilities and systems.
- The university may require vendors that it believes to meet the definition of embedded to execute an agreement confirming their compliance with this requirement.
- Medical Center Lab courier service vendors are considered embedded.
- This requirement applies to any Ohio State campus and in any location where the university conducts business.
- University leasehold tenants are not covered by this requirement. (eg., Wendy’s, Café Oasis, Au Bon Pain), however, these tenants are strongly encouraged to comply.