In the spring of 2019, the B&F Wellness Committee was formed, chaired by Kelly Des Roches, Chief of Staff for SVP & CFO, with committee members representing all areas throughout the unit.
With the support of the university’s robust wellness resources within the Office of the Chief Wellness Officer, the committee’s early accomplishments included providing stand-up desks to all B&F staff who wanted one, increasing communications of wellness activities and the reaffirmation of support from senior leadership.
The committee’s continued efforts in amplifying wellness resources were recently featured in the 2021 Wellness Innovator Spotlight, which highlighted many of B&F’s wellness initiatives, including:
- Dedicated wellness topics at the unit’s monthly town halls featuring resources such as “Just Breathe” demonstrations, EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Health Athlete presentations.
- A B&F unit-specific Virgin Pulse challenge, titled “Stress Reduction Healthy Habit Challenge.”
B&F Wellness Goals
Among the goals for 2021 is a focus on mental health in order to provide staff coping skills and support resources addressing stress and anxiety. To that end, virtual engagement events with digital social activities were hosted to combat the isolation of telework arrangements as a result of COVID-19.
Fiscal Year 2021 Wellness Goals
- Increase participation and management encouragement of Virgin Pulse Health App and Your Plan for Health resources.
- Focus on mental health as a key theme this year in order to provide B&F staff coping skills and resources for stress and anxiety.
- Coordinate B&F-specific virtual Wellness events to increase B&F-wide participation.
Fiscal Year 2020 Wellness Goals
- Increase frequency of health and well-being communication to B&F staff.
- Improve support and flexibility from management for the health and wellbeing of staff
- Provide stand-up desks to all B&F employees who want one.
From virtual holiday parties and pep rallies to engaging Zoom-games and health challenges, the members of the B&F Wellness Committee continue to promote activities that support a balanced approach to wellbeing that includes all nine dimensions of wellness.
Corporate Engagement Office
Stores and Receiving
Kelly Des Roches
Procurement Shared Service Center
Stores and Receiving
HR Service Center
Contact the B&F Wellness Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.