In the spring of 2019, the B&F Wellness Committee was formed, chaired by Kelly Des Roches, Chief of Staff for SVP & CFO, with committee members representing all areas throughout the unit.
With the support of the university’s robust wellness resources within the Office of the Chief Wellness Officer, the committee’s early accomplishments included providing stand-up desks to all B&F staff who wanted one, increasing communications of wellness activities and the reaffirmation of support from senior leadership.
The committee’s continued efforts in amplifying wellness resources were featured in the 2021 Wellness Innovator Spotlight, which highlighted many of B&F’s wellness initiatives, including:
- Dedicated wellness topics at the unit’s monthly town halls featuring resources such as “Just Breathe” demonstrations, EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Health Athlete presentations.
- A B&F unit-specific Virgin Pulse challenge, titled “Stress Reduction Healthy Habit Challenge.”
Join us for one of our upcoming Lunch & Learns
Staying Active at Work and Home (Feb. 7 from 12:30-1:00 p.m.) Are you finding it difficult to make time for exercise? If so, the good news is that physical activity can all add up even in small ways. Join OSU Health Coach Alison to learn tips and tricks for staying active while at work and at home. We will discuss creative ideas to fit in exercise and boost your energy where ever you are! Register here to attend.
SAVE THE DATE (April 4 from 12:30-1:00 p.m) Work-Life Well-Being with Helka Casey
B&F Wellness Goals
The B&F Wellness Committee goals for fiscal year 2023 will center on three areas of focus to improve the overall well-being of our staff, which include mental health, physical activity and healthy nutrition.
Fiscal Year 2023 Wellness Goals
- Improve Mental Health & Wellbeing - Provide education, resources, and activities in support of staff and their overall mental health and well-being.
- Increase Physical Activity - Provide education, resources, and activities in support of staff increasing their daily physical activity.
- Improve Nutrition – Provide education, resources, and activities in support of staff and their overall nutrition.
Fiscal Year 2022 Wellness Goals
- Encourage B&F staff to invest in and prioritize their well-being by reemphasizing the value of preventative care. Help support our staff in prioritizing personal, holistic wellness.
- Ongoing focus on mental health resources to help B&F staff cope with any stress or anxiety that may result from returning to campus addressing topics such as persistent pandemic fears, dealing with social unrest, work/life balance issues, and generalized anxiety of the unknown.
- Focus on the Social/Emotional dimension of wellness. During the course of the pandemic and its required safety measures, there was little opportunity for broad social/emotional community networks of support—further, the pandemic exposed many to the systemic inequalities in our society. As a university community, we have an opportunity within our purview to support our staff as they address those challenges, which impact their wellbeing. A focus on social/emotional wellness can help build a sense of community under the current environment and encourage social interaction in-person and virtual.
Fiscal Year 2021 Wellness Goals
- Increase participation and management encouragement of Virgin Pulse Health App and Your Plan for Health resources.
- Focus on mental health as a key theme this year in order to provide B&F staff with coping skills and resources for stress and anxiety.
- Coordinate B&F-specific virtual Wellness events to increase B&F-wide participation.
Fiscal Year 2020 Wellness Goals
- Increase frequency of health and well-being communication to B&F staff.
- Improve support and flexibility from management for the health and wellbeing of staff
- Provide stand-up desks to all B&F employees who want one.
From virtual holiday parties and pep rallies to engaging Zoom-games and health challenges, the members of the B&F Wellness Committee continue to promote activities that support a balanced approach to wellbeing that includes all nine dimensions of wellness.
Stores and Receiving
Kelly Des Roches
Procurement Shared Service Center
Stores and Receiving
Contact the B&F Wellness Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.