Invoice and payment information
Provide the required information
All invoices must include the following information:
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Purchase order (PO) number
- Invoice total
- Line details
- Remit-to address
Make sure there is an active/valid PO number
- The end user should inform the vendor of the PO number to reference on invoice
- The PO number should be in current fiscal year
- The PO should be made out to the vendor listed on the invoice
- The PO should have available funds to cover invoice amount
- The PO distribution (itemization) should match invoice distribution
Submit your invoice to the correct department
Your invoice should be submitted for processing based on the invoice number as follows:
- If your PO number started with...
000 (Medical Center): email firstname.lastname@example.org
85910: email email@example.com
RF (Office of Sponsored Programs): email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other invoices: email email@example.com
Upon submitting an invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive an automated response confirming receipt. If you do not receive an email confirmation, all invoices will be entered into PeopleSoft Financials within two business days of receipt.
How to view your invoice
Where to send a statement
Statements may be sent to email@example.com on a monthly basis. If possible, please submit statements in an Excel format and include the following:
- Invoice number
- invoice date
- PO number
- and amount
Payment methods and frequency
- ACH Deposits: Recipients will receive confirmation of payment via ACH Remittance Advice. Multiple payments will be deposited as one payment.
- Supplier payments are processed daily
- Individual payments are processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Wires: After verification, wire payments are processed daily. Confirmation is emailed directly to the originator. Click on the Forms link to access the Wire Request Form.
Processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with additional cycles added for university holidays.
- Requests for a stop-payment will be considered two weeks after the check date.
- Refer any questions regarding stop-payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the Forms link to access the Stop-Payment Request Form.
Any returned or rejected payments will be reviewed and followed up by the Accounts Payable department.
Payment terms are negotiated terms and conditions related to payment deadlines, including discounts. See below:
- Contracted Supplier: Payment terms are typically determined during negotiations. For additional information, please contact the Buyer.
- Non-contracted Supplier: Payment terms may be found on the invoice.
To confirm whether you are a contracted supplier, contact the Purchasing Department.
How to check on a payment status
How to submit a credit memo
Email to email@example.com with a copy of the corresponding invoice.
Credit memos are processed within 5 business days of receipt.
What if I need an immediate payment or have a question?
Please direct all immediate payment requests and general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org