Invoice and payment information
Provide the required information
Make sure there is an active/valid PO number
- The end user should inform the supplier of the PO number to reference on invoice
- The PO should be made out to the supplier listed on the invoice
- The PO should have available funds to cover invoice amount
- The PO distribution (itemization) should match invoice distribution
Submit your invoice to the correct department
Your invoice should be submitted for processing based on the invoice number as follows:
- If your PO number started with...
000 (Medical Center): email firstname.lastname@example.org
85910: email email@example.com
- All other invoices: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon submitting an invoice to email@example.com, you will receive an automated response confirming receipt. If you do not receive an email confirmation, all invoices will be entered into Workday within two business days of receipt.
How to view your invoice
Where to send a statement
Statements may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on a monthly basis. If possible, please submit statements in an Excel format and include the following:
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- PO number
Payment methods and frequency
- ACH Deposits: Recipients will receive confirmation of payment via ACH Remittance Advice. Multiple payments will be deposited as one payment. ACH Settlement is processed daily.
- Wires: After verification, wire payments are processed daily. Confirmation is emailed directly to the originator. Click on the Forms link to access the Wire Request Form.
Processed on Thursdays, with additional cycles added for university holidays.
- Click on the Forms link to access the AP Banking and Settlement Request.
- This form can be used to submit a stop-payment or a special handling request
- Requests for a stop-payment will be considered two weeks after the check date.
- Refer any questions regarding stop-payment to email@example.com.
Any returned or rejected payments will be reviewed and followed up by the Accounts Payable department.
Payment terms are negotiated terms and conditions related to payment deadlines, including discounts. See below:
- Contracted Supplier: Payment terms are typically determined during negotiations. For additional information, please contact the Buyer.
- Non-contracted Supplier: Payment terms may be found on the invoice.
To confirm whether you are a contracted supplier, contact the Purchasing Department.
How to check on a payment status
How to submit a credit memo
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Credit memo number
- The corresponding original invoice number
- Credit memo date
- Purchase order (PO) number
- Credit total (this should reflect a negative amount)
- Line details
- Remit-to address
Note: In order to process a credit memo, the following must be true:
- We must verify receipt of the original invoice.
- The Purchase Order has to be in an Issued status in order to process against the PO.
- If multiple credit memos are being submitted, each unique credit should be on its own PDF attachment.
- We must have a balance due to the supplier on the Supplier Connection (Remit To) address, Payment Type (check, EFT, etc.) and Payment Handling Instruction, if applicable (RE, PU, etc.) tied to the credit.
To find this information use the 'Find Supplier Invoice Summary - OSU' report to check the balance for each Supplier Connection (Remit To) address and review Payment Type and Payment Handling Instruction. Enter:
- Invoice Header Company
- Supplier (Enter exact Supplier Name or Supplier ID Number - can be found by searching supplier in Workday)
- Supplier Connection (Remit To) - (If known, can be found by searching supplier in Workday)
- Invoice Payment Status (select Unpaid)
- Invoice Status (select Approved and In Progress)
- Total up the approved dollar amount to determine if there is a balance due to the supplier (which is a positive total). In Progress can help determine when it will be back to a positive total
- If you are not able to access the necessary information, please contact your Service Center
What if I need an immediate payment or have a question?
Please direct all immediate payment requests and general questions to email@example.com