I had university-owned property stolen. Do we have insurance for that?

The University is self-insured for the first $1 Million for most property losses. The General Fund underwrites the exposure so that a department will pay no more than $50,000 (or $100,000 water related) per any occurrence. If your loss exceeds $50,000 in value, you should submit a Property Insurance Claim Form with OSU Insurance and file a report with OSU Police.

Please see the Loss Reimbursement Policy before you submit a claim.

FAQ Set: