Surplus FAQ

Enter text to search for in collapsible content below, then press tab key to browse results.

No results found.


Displaying 1 - 6 of 6

What materials should be sent to OSU Surplus Department?

All OSU retired assets (furniture, electronics, laboratory and medical) should be sent to the OSU Surplus Department for disposal.

How do I dispose of old equipment?

You should create a Disposal Request (DR) in the Surplus Property Management System. Most departments have an approved equipment coordinator responsible for this task. 

How do I obtain approval to submit a DR?

Are departments and colleges permitted to transfer items from the OSU Surplus Department?

Departments and colleges may come to the OSU Surplus Department on the first Monday of the month from 8:00a.m. - 3:00p.m. to look for items to transfer back to their departments. Transfers are done through a $0 eRequest. It is the responsibility of the department to arrange transportation for transferred items.

Can items be purchased from the OSU Surplus Department?

Anyone can purchase items from the OSU Surplus Department 

• OSU Surplus Department is open for public sales on the third Tuesday of the month from 8:00a.m. - 3:30p.m. 

• Online auction through 

Does the OSU Surplus Department pick up surplus materials?

OSU Surplus Department will schedule and pick up approved disposal requests at no cost to the department within 5 to 7 business days.

Where is the OSU Surplus Department located?

OSU Surplus Department is located at 2650 Kenny Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210 inside the Stores and Receiving Building (#381) on the east side of the building at the end of the loading docks. Take the stairs up to the door labelled Surplus; ring the doorbell for assistance.