Financial Training FAQ
No results found.
Financial Training offers a blended learning approach by providing eLearning, instructor-led courses, and “hands-on” sessions. The eLearnings are offered through BuckeyeLearn and the series of instructor-led workshops focus on the university’s fiscal procedures, covering university policies and procedures as well as how best to work with the offices that have central financial responsibility. The Facilitated hands-on sessions provide learners the opportunity to practice how to complete journal entries, create purchase orders, enter receipts, etc.
The online and instructor-led courses are offered by the Controller’s Office as a service to the university community and are free of charge to your department.
For a complete list of courses offered in the current six month period access this link to BuckeyeLearn, go.osu.edu/BuckeyeLearn. Follow these steps:
- Sign in with your name.# and password
- Select BROWSE TRAINING.
- Select Financial under Subject on the left side of the page.
- Select the session you wish to attend.
- Select Request to register for the session.
Ohioans have access to free e-learning courses. To access the courses follow these steps:
- Follow Access ohiomeansjobs.com
- Select the “Online Training” picture/link at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Sign In button
- Register as a new user
- Select a user name and password
- Under the All Assessments drop down menu, select “Improve Your Computer Skills”
- On the left hand menu, select the menu option that interests you (uncheck Tests or eBooks if you want eLearning classes)
You can access versions of Microsoft Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, SharePoint Designer, Vision, and Word. Class versions for Microsoft 2007-2013 are available.
- Microsoft.com offers many quick tutorials on all of their products
- Members of the Columbus Metropolitan Library have access to Lynda.com. Lynda includes thousands of video based training available at no cost. Access Lynda using your library card number here: https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=columbuslibrary.org.
A learner must attend a course in its entirety to be eligible to receive a workshop certificate. After completing the course, access BuckyeLearn to download or print a certificate.
Be sure to register in BuckeyeLearn to get on the “wait list.” This enables Financial Training to determine the need to add an additional session if necessary. If the waitlist is full, email FinancialTraining@osu.edu to learn of additional options.
Yes. We often have people waitlisted for our Courses, so if your schedule should change and you are unable to attend the training, please cancel your registration allowing another participant to be enrolled. To cancel your registration, simply go to the BuckeyeLearn.
Note: Failure to cancel your registration within 24 hours prior to the Class will result in a “no show” status on your transcript.
Some Courses have prerequisites. If I already know the material, do I still have to attend the prerequisite Course?
Yes. Prerequisites must be completed.
Financial Training offers a blended learning approach by providing eLearning, instructor-led courses, and “Experience” sessions. The eLearnings are offered through BuckeyeLearn and the series of instructor-led workshops focus on the on the university’s fiscal procedures, covering university policies and procedures as well as how best to work with the offices that have central financial responsibility. The Facilitated “Experience” sessions are facilitated and provide learners the opportunity for learners to practice how to complete journal entries, make deposits, create purchase orders, enter receipts, etcand many other hands-on tasks.