What restrictions might apply to traveling overseas with equipment or data?

Traveling with computers, web enabled cell phones, advanced GPS units, scientific equipment, proprietary information or unpublished data may require an Export Control License. The travel system will automatically notify the Office of Research Compliance when International travel is initiated in order to coordinate specific restrictions and guidance with the traveler.

For additional information contact the Office of Research Compliance at exportcontrol@osu.edu or visit the Office of Research Compliance website.

FAQ Set: