Travel Office Hours Summary (Jan 2023)
Summary of Travel Office Hours (January 2023):
January 2023 - Office Hours Summary
- Travel Office Hours - Offered 1st Tuesday of each month from 10-11:30 a.m. with summary posted at Travel Website (under News).
- Mileage Reimbursement Rate Update – Effective January 1, 2023, the mileage reimbursement rate will increase from 62.5 cents per mile to 65.5 cents a mile for all business miles driven from January 1, 2023 through Dec. 31, 2023.
- Workday – Business Purpose List Update – Effective December 16th, the business purpose field selection list was condensed to support analytical review of the travel or expense transaction.
- You will see the selections are grouped by type with a prefix of PCard, Reimbursement (Non-Travel) or Travel.
- Selections marked “inactive” (after 12/16th) will not permit submission with new entry of Spend Authorization or Expense Report. If selection is already in-progress status, an alert will prompt for a change to proceed with approval.
- Workday - International Travel – Required Step – Effective December 16th, the Acknowledgement of Understanding (AOU) Questionnaire will replace the DocuSign version for Traveler (Faculty or Staff) on the Travel website.
- The AOU was made required with the Travel Guidelines released in June 2021, following the university’s suspension due to COVID-19.
- Traveler must complete step or Spend Authorization does not advance in workflow for approval.
- The Traveler will be notified by an onscreen prompt, reminders in Workday inbox, home screen prompts under “awaiting action” and by email.
- Spend Authorizations submitted by an Expense Data Entry Specialist (EDES) will also notify the traveler by similar methods.
- Questionnaire is triggered by destination field being international location (e.g., airfare, lodging) and the validation of an employee name on the Spend Authorization header.
- EXCEPTION! If the Spend Authorization lines are not inclusive of a destination field or the employee traveler is part of a group Spend Authorization (set up with a Group ECM name), the traveler must revert to the DocuSign version and upload it to the Spend Authorization.
- Workday – Expense Item Updates – Attribute fields and instructional text associated with Expense Items have been updated.
- Car Rental Reservations – all reservations should be completed online from the Travel Office website. There is no longer a need for a discount code.
- Cash Advance Process Job Aid – There is a job aid for the cash advance process posted at the Administrative Resource Center.
- Group Travel Overview Session with ScholarTrip – January 11th; if this topic interests you or is relevant to your position, read our news article at the Travel website titled, Group Business Travel Overview and Discussion for more details.
- Fiscal Year 2024 – FY24 is only 6 months away – don’t wait, start end of year tasks now!