Workday Finance and Supply Chain is now live. All Supplier requests should now go through Workday. Questions? https://enterprise-project.osu.edu/workday-help-and-support
Instructions and Support
Vendor Maintenance FAQ
The Vendor Setup Form was a collaboration between University Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Office of Sponsored Projects Purchasing and Accounts Payable, and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. All three business units will utilize the form.
If a vendor is “Approved” but not marked “Open for ordering” what is my next step?
- If you want to create a voucher through PREP for payment: If a vendor is “Approved” but not checked “open for ordering” you can still create a voucher through the PREP system (no additional steps are necessary).
- If you want to create a REQ or PO? Your vendor must be “open for ordering”. You will need to submit a request to “Reactivate/Re-Open” your vendor on the Online Vendor Maintenance Request form
An “approved” vendor can still create a voucher for payment (see above) but will not allow for the creation of a REQ or PO.
POs issued with a vendor ID# marked “Not Open for Ordering” will have no effect on payment activity. You can make changes to the existing PO, but please remember to close the PO when complete.
I need to do a change order to my open PO and my vendor is not available. Can I still do a Change order?
- If the PO was created by a Delegated Buyer, there is no change to the process;
- If the PO was created by Central Purchasing, submit a requisition without the Vendor ID (Vendor is blank), but provide all necessary information for the change. Please remember to close the PO when complete.
There is a new contract for my specific Category, what do I do with my current PO on the old contract?
Your department should be utilizing current contracts. Finalize invoices and close your PO.
Due to the confidentiality of the information contained in the documents we recommend that you do not upload to eRequest. The online Vendor Maintenance request form has layers of security built in to encrypt and protect your uploaded documents.
Do I need to provide the Vendor Setup Form for a vendor that has been determined appropriate to Reactivate or Re-Open (see question above) when the “W9 Form Scanned” box is checked?
Please contact someone on the Vendor Maintenance Team to determine if appropriate documents are on file. Even if the box is check-marked, it does not guarantee that current and complete documentation is on file. Only Vendor Maintenance staff is able to access this content.
Contact Purchasing to discuss before submitting your request (VM Contacts; or see Category Buyer listing). Certain vendors were closed because they have met specific criteria. Determine the following before submitting a request to Reactivate/Reopen a vendor:
- Can a PCard be used?
- Can an “approved/open for ordering” supplier provide the same goods/service?
- Have I talked to a Senior Buyer or Sourcing Leader in Purchasing?
Please utilize the decision tree to determine the preferred procurement method. (By order of Internal Supplier, eStores, PCard, Convenience Order, Purchase Order)
The vendor's Tax Identification Number (TIN) needs to match the name with IRS files. The university complies with TIN matching all vendors that are created, Reactivated or Re-Opened. This process is completed by the Vendor Maintenance team prior to performing maintenance in PeopleSoft.