2020 Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for staff to evaluate benefit options and make elections for the upcoming year. Open Enrollment for the 2020 benefit plan year will be available November 1-14, 2019.
We strongly encourage staff to visit the Open Enrollment website to learn about 2020 benefits and select the options that best fit the employee's needs for the coming year. The website includes details of all benefit options available during open enrollment and what will be new in 2020. A few key changes to note are:
- Two provider networks within the medical plans - The Ohio State University Faculty and Staff Health Plan restructured the provider network into the Premier and Standard networks.
- Streamlining life insurance options:
- Eliminating the Dependent Group Term Life Insurance plan
- Increasing coverage amounts available under the Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance (VGTLI) plan
- Opportunity for new enrollment in VGTLI with no Evidence of Insurability needed
- A special enrollment opportunity for Short-Term Disability.
- Increase in the amount of available premium credit for enrolled faculty and staff who complete a Personal Health and Well-being Assessment (PHA) and verified Biometric Health Screening.
- Two ID cards - a medical ID card from Trustmark, formerly CoreSource, and a prescription drug ID card from Express Scripts.
In addition to the website, Ohio State will provide the following resources during October:
- myBenefitsMentor: An informed enrollment resource that can assist staff in making informed health care decisions. The online interactive tool will be available in Employee Self Service (under the eBenefits header), while the paper statement will be mailed to the home address for anyone enrolled in a medical plan prior to August 1, 2019.
- Open Enrollment Overview: A printed overview of Open Enrollment updates sent to employee's home.
- Presentations: Live webinars, in-person forums and recorded videos presented by benefits consultants.
Ohio State is proud to offer eligible faculty and staff exceptional total rewards, including the benefit options available during Open Enrollment. Learn more at hr.osu.edu/oe.