Business Continuity Governance
What is a Business Continuity Representative?
A Business Continuity Representative (BCR) is the individual identified by the unit leader who represents, leads and is accountable for ensuring unit BCM activities are completed. They are also the single point of contact with the Business Continuity Management Program Office.
- Approves the Business Continuity Management Policy
University Risk Management Committee:
- Serves as the link to senior leadership for BCM
Business Continuity Steering Committee:
- Serves as the advisory committee for BCM
- Includes Academic Affairs, Administration & Planning, Athletics, Advancement, Business & Finance, Government Affairs, Legal Affairs, Marketing & Communication, Student Life, Human Resources and Wexner Medical Center
- Acts as executive sponsor and supports the Business Continuity Management Program for their respective unit/college/campus/department
- Responsible for resource allocation to evaluate business continuity management coverage of critical activities
- Reviews and approves their respective business continuity management activities.
Business Continuity Representatives:
- Responsible for supporting the Business Continuity Management Program for their respective area
- Accountable for evaluating business continuity coverage of critical activities
- Identifies gaps in plan coverage and authorizes plan development, maintenance and testing to support effective recovery capability for the organization
BCM Program Office:
- Has overall responsibility for day-to-day organization, oversight, tools and operation of Enterprise-wide Business Continuity Management Program