Support Unit Requests
|Release of Guidance & Template||11/22/2017|
|Unit Submission of Completed Template||1/19/2018|
|Review by SFC - SOFS||1/23/2018 – 2/6/2018|
|Recommendation to SFC||2/13/2018|
Budget requests that meet some or all of the following criteria will be given higher priority:
- The request meets a regulatory or compliance requirement
- The request addresses a safety concern or potential risk factor
- The request is for a university-wide service
- The request is matched by internal resources and/or partnering units.
- Teaching and Learning
- Access, Affordability, and Excellence
- Research and Creative Expression
- Academic Healthcare
- Operational Excellence and Resource Stewardship
The funding request template is unchanged from last year. Please note that like last year, each office is only allowed to submit a total of 5 requests. For each request, you will be asked to answer the following narrative questions:
- Please provide a brief description of the item requested. Include the strategic importance, benefits it provides to the university and how it can contribute to the university's strategic plan, Time and Change.
- Describe what you have or intend to contribute from existing internal funds as well as funding from collaboration with other departments.
- What is the risk to the unit and the university if the item is not funded? What is the impact if funding is delayed a year?
- Provide a brief description of the quantitative return on investment (ROI) and the qualitative efficiencies/service benefits to be gained from investing in this item.
Financial data to be reviewed
Each request will also provide financial data to be reviewed:
- Expense Detail by Funding Source
- Please include the number and description of new FTEs in the Brief Description column if the request requires new personnel.
- Please indicate separate amounts for continuing PBA funding and cash (one-time funding):
- Funding Requested – the amount you’re requesting; the total should be the same as entered on the Summary page
- Unit Funding – the amount that will be funded by the requesting unit with existing funds
- Partnering Unit Funding – the amount that will be funded by other units with existing funds.
- Total Projected Annual Spend by Funding Source
- Provide a projection for the spend for the next five fiscal years.